Am I A Candidate?
LASIK is a safe and reliable treatment for several common vision conditions, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. Despite its effectiveness, it is not for everyone.
According to Dr. Bense you are ideal for LASIK if you meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Stable refractive error, with annual change less than 0.5d
- Healthy eyes with little to no amblyopia or lazy eye
- Free from cataracts, glaucoma or uncontrolled eye disease
- Adequate corneal thickness for your chosen procedure
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Free from rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Not taking medications such as Accutane, Plaquenil or Cordarone
Of course, the best way to tell if you’re a candidate for LASIK treatment is to book a free consultation with Dr. Bense. He has more than 20 years and 20,000 procedures to his credit, and he will provide a thorough eye examination and answer any questions you may have.
LASIK is suitable for patients with: