Eyes are complex and amazing organs. Sight is so valuable because not only do eyes allow us to see the beauty in the world around us, but they can also reveal a lot about your health.
Here are 10 interesting facts about eyes that you may not have known:
- The muscles that control your eyes are the most active muscles in the body. They may be small, but they are very hard working.
- On average, you blink 12 times per minute.
- Eyes have more than 2 million working parts.
- Over a normal lifespan, you see close to 24 million images. See the world through perfect vision with LASIK.
- It’s virtually impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Everyone is colour blind at birth.
- The eye is the only place in the body that has exposed veins, arteries, and a major optic nerve that can be viewed. Since eyes can reveal a lot about your health, optometrists can investigate the eye without any incisions.
- 80% of vision problems are avoidable and curable, making routine eye exams critical for the detection of eye related problems.
- Eye size never changes! They stay the same from birth to death.
- Eyes use more brainpower (65%) than any other body part.
Healthy eyes contribute to your overall health. At Bense Vision, we care about the investment in your eyes. Specializing in iLASIK™, we are the premier laser vision correction centre in Atlantic Canada and the only facility offering the procedure in Newfoundland. Find out if you’re a candidate by booking a free consultation today. Bonus: celebrating 20 years of experience, now receive 20% off!